What is this new tax credit?
- Effective Dates: The new tax credit under Sec. 25(C) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code (“IRC” or “tax code”) is effect on January 1, 2023 for qualifying purchases and installations completed on or after that date, through December 31, 2032.
- Credit Amount: Creates a new tax credit of 30 percent of the purchase and installation costs (with a $2,000 annual cap with no lifetime limit) for tax years 2023 through 2032.
- Qualifying Products: Qualifying products (any biomass-fueled heater) must have a thermal efficiency of at least 75 percent per the higher heating value (HHV) of the fuel
- The EPA certified wood heater database may be referenced (not all products on the EPA list qualify. Look for products with efficiencies of at least 75 percent)
- A manufacturer certification statement attesting that a product qualifies can also be relied upon
- Category: 26% TAX CREDIT on Woodstoves,Blacksburg VA,Christiansburg VA,Fuel,Heating,Heating & Air,Heating & Cooling,HVAC,New River Valley VA,News,Pellets,Roanoke VA,Salem VA,Specials,Uncategorized
- Tags: Blacksburg VA , Christiansburg VA , Fuel , heating , Heating & Air , Heating & Cooling , HVAC , New River Valley VA , Roanoke VA , Salem VA , Specials , Uncategorized